Dear Mr. Carl,
I am writing to apply for the Language Interpreter with ABC Translation. I am a speak read and write Spanish with native fluency and have worked as a language interpreter in a variety of settings for over 12 years. In my current position as an independent freelance language interpreter I primarily utilize active listening skills to translate the verbal word from one language to another.
I also translate written documents. I have a solid knowledge of various dialects across Spanish speaking regions and cultures so I am capable of providing accurate information in all settings. I strive to ensure effective and efficient communication across languages. I have provided my skills as a language interpreter to diplomats and business people. My interpersonal skills and keen ear would make me an asset to your firm.
My years of experience stellar work ethic and expert translation skills position me as an ideal candidate for a Language Interpreter with ABC Translation. If you agree that I have potential I look forward to meeting with you to discuss my qualifications further. Please do not hesitate to reach out through phone or email and I thank you for your consideration.
Avril Lee 115 My Street Mytown WX55 1CQ email@example.com 07777999888
Harry Smith Graduate HR director Big Company Ltd Woodcotes Business Park The Midlands MX9 6PQ
13th March 2017
Dear Mr Smith
Re: Logistics graduate scheme
I would like to apply for the logistics track of your graduate training scheme, advertised on the Prospects.ac.uk website. As requested, I am enclosing my CV.
I am in the final year of my geography degree, expecting a 2:1. Always intending to have a career in business, I have taken modules on the geography of business and GIS modelling. My final-year dissertation is on changing patterns in retail. During my degree, I have developed my analytical skills and ability to read, manage and present data. I have also become familiar with a range of business intelligence sources.
As you can see from my CV I have experience in:
- Retail - moving from shelf stacker to checkout operator to team leader in my two years with Tesco. I contributed to the store consistently being in the top five for the region by providing excellent customer service.
- Warehouse operations - picking and packing to meet targets over the busy Christmas period.
I have also:
- Worked in and led teams at Tesco, on course projects and in sports.
- Communicated with colleagues at all levels in retail and warehousing.
- Solved problems as a team leader, ensuring staff cover and dealing with customer complaints.
- Worked flexibly doing both early and late shifts and covering for absence, sometimes at short notice.
- Managed my time when combining study with work and sport.
My semester in Germany exposed me to a different culture and improved my language skills. In addition, my voluntary work with young people has increased my resilience and ability to mix with people from all walks of life.
I look forward to hearing from you.
(Sign your name here)