Dear Mr. Hazelton,
I’m submitting my resume for your review and consideration in response to your ad for a Hotel General Manager. I started in the industry as a bellman at the Wysteria Hotel and have advanced to Assistant General Manager in just over a decade. During that time I earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel Management and feel I can bring the benefit of my experience and education to your establishment.
In my current position as Assistant General Manager I have oversight of the food lodging and housekeeping activities of the hotel. In addition I work hand-in-hand with the General Manager to ensure profitability exceptional customer service and high quality staff performance. Although there are multiple layers of management I have experience with most departments including marketing and sales and personnel. With my hands-on experience in almost every sector of the industry I believe I can step into the role of General Manager with every confidence of success. It’s why I was asked to be interim General Manager because of an extended illness. The General Manager’s health returned and the health of the hotel remained strong under my temporary management.
I’m ready for the next step in my career and I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience to discuss this opportunity. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Hotel Manager Cover Letter
Hotel Managers are in charge for the daily management of a hotel and its personnel. Their tasks depend on the type and size of hotel they’re running; typical Hotel Manager duties include: overseeing hotel services, allocating budgets, tracking expenses, maintaining financial records, handling customer complaints, greeting special guests, supervising renovation and repairs, coordinating security services, and adhering to health and safety regulations.
Eligible example cover letters for this job emphasize the following qualifications:
- Leadership and managerial skills
- Decision-making and the ability to work under pressure
- Stamina and energy
- Problem-solving abilities
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Preferably speaking several foreign languages at a conversational level
- The ability to handle escalated customer issues and to remain calm
Below is provided a sample cover letter for Hotel Manager showcasing similar assets.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Hotel Manager Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Williams:
Upon discovering Virgil Inn & Suites’ posting for a Hotel Manager, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. As a highly experienced and motivated manager with more than 13 years of experience, I am prepared to significantly contribute to your goals in this role.
My background includes leading operations, teams, and processes to drive business and guest service success within highly regarded and established corporate business and resort hotels. From training and developing staff to overseeing profit and loss responsibilities and driving sales and marketing efforts, I excel at managing teams, propelling revenue enhancement, and stimulating maximum levels of guest service and satisfaction. With a clear sense of the bottom line merged with a dedication to corporate vision, I have consistently negotiated profitable contracts and implemented marketing campaigns that have triggered increased occupancy and steady growth in average daily rate (ADR).
Highlights of my experience include…
- Overseeing facility operations—including revenue management, negotiations, refurbishments / upgrades, and staff recruitment and development—to optimize hotel performance.
- Significantly boosting multimillion-dollar annual revenues through effective sales and marketing techniques while driving outstanding guest satisfaction scores through staff training initiatives.
- Receiving numerous awards throughout career tenure in recognition of superior leadership talents and exceptional guest experiences.
- Orchestrating capital improvement projects—including construction, improvements, and hotel openings—to ensure on-time completion while reducing operating expenses.
- Demonstrating solid time management, communication, and multitasking skills to excel within fast-paced, customer-facing environments.
My skills in team and operational leadership within the hotel industry have been finely honed, and I am confident my additional strengths will readily translate to your environment. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be most welcome. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Vernon H. Cope